Saturday, July 13, 2013

THE ART OF CHILLIN'

Okay I admit it, I'm not very good at relaxing. I'm one of those people who spends the first 2-3 days of vacation initially, frantically wondering what I'm going to do with myself and then getting somewhat grumpy when I realize that vacation means doing pretty much nothing (or anything other than work). Saturday's are even worse for me because it's my one day of the week that requires all my housework to be done (and I HATE housework!!!), as well as try and mentally prepare for Sunday's, ensure I have my work clothes for Monday picked out and ironed (another thing I absolutely loathe - the ironing part I mean), so I often catch myself running around the house on Saturday's, zipping from one chore to the next, oftentimes taking on two at a time, and usually being three jobs ahead when I'm on job #1. So you probably get the picture............I'm not your Oscar type, I'm totally Felix.

It's no wonder than that many a Saturday I'll come across the boys giving me visual reminders of what I'm supposed to be doing on weekends, and just how easy it is (or so they make it seem).


Ahhh my sweet boy Silly, doesn't his expression say it all. I saw him like that and I actually said aloud, "I know, I know, I'm a freak!" To which he did a little stretch as if to reply "You'll get no argument from me on that one".

Then if that wasn't bad enough, not 10 minutes after putting fresh sheets on our bed, I find Magnum......


Oh yes, I could have sworn I heard him say; "Geez Mommy you really gotta try this!"

The moral of the story? I don't need to spend hundreds of dollars on psychotherapists, self help books or subscriptions to mags on relaxing. I think my furry friends have got all the answers.

5 comments:

  1. We hope you gave that kitty tummy at least a tickel or three.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Magnum is our latest foster (only having been with us just over a week so we're still "getting to know him" - which translates into we're not clear yet on whether displaying the belly is just for show or he actually wants it touched. :))

      Delete
    2. When you walk past him, give him a quick stroke with a finger or two, and keep going. If you are smooth enough, you'll be gone before he catches on anything's happening. You'll find out on the way back what he thought about the process.

      Delete
  2. You humans think too much and should roll on the bed more often.

    ReplyDelete
  3. tis why I don't wear clothes that need to be ironed :)

    ReplyDelete