Monday, August 11, 2014

BUY THE BOOK!!!

We've been busy collecting books for the upcoming fundraiser I'm having which is being held on Saturday, September 6th from 10:00am - 1:00pm here at our home. 100% of all funds raised will go directly to Toronto Cat Rescue, and the fundraiser is being held in memory of Ching (see my last entry regarding his passing). I've also arranged to have bookmarks printed that will have Ching's picture on them and TCR's logo that will be tucked inside each book sold as an added little surprise for the buyer and a thank you from us.

I've never held or organized a fundraiser before so I'm really hoping that it's a great success. I've circulated the invite electronically to all I can think of and will be going door to door in my neighbourhood to drop the invite hardcopy into mailboxes. I'm also stopping by my own vet's office, one of the vet's offices the rescue uses close to our home, and afew other places, asking if they might be willing to have afew copies at the front for people to take.

On the kitty front, they boys and Pica are all doing great! There has been some grumbling the last few days as we've had contractors in doing work on the house and so the kids have had to be confined to bedrooms for hours. Initially what started out as fun was about 7 or 8 hours later not fun anymore, and the crying, pawing at the door, and annoyed noises has left us not terribly popular as Mom & Dad I'm afraid!

So here is the fundraiser invite itself - please consider dropping by the sale if you are able, the array of books is wide and alot of great reads are ready for the buying.


1 comment:

  1. looking forward to it, and buying some great books too !!

    ReplyDelete